Accessibility Efforts Overview
Best efforts have been made to make Highlands College as accessible as possible; however, various tools and accessibility measurements exist to gauge a website’s level of compliance, each reporting different accessibility issues and compliance requirements – therefore, the information below details the specific considerations and tools that were used in the effort to make Highlands College accessible.
The Guidelines below were used as the benchmark against which the efforts to make Highlands College accessible were measured. The specific Compliance Levels and Guidelines considered include:
- WCAG 2.1 Level A
- WCAG 2.1 Level AA
- WCAG 2.1 Level AAA
- Section 508 – 2020 Version
The Accessibility tools used to test and ensure the Accessibility of Highlands College include, but are not limited to:
- Powermapper – An Online Accessibility Scanner
- Mac Voiceover / JAWS – Screen Reader Software
- Contrast Mac App – For determining Color Contrast Ratios
- Sim Daltonism – Color-blindness and Color-Deficiency Simulator
Want to learn more about being an HC student? Sign up for our email series.