Highlands College invites applications for a full-time Biblical Studies Instructor for the 2020–2021 academic year. The successful candidate will provide face-to-face instruction in the area of Biblical Studies at the undergraduate level.
Current courses include:
- BIBL 103 Introduction to Bible
- BIBL 105 Old Testament
- BIBL 104 New Testament
- BIBL 106 Biblical Interpretation
Instruction occurs at the Greystone Campus between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. on Mondays and Wednesdays. The Academic Dean determines course assignments and course load which typically consists of two to three classes per eight-week term. This
is a full-time, benefits-eligible position. Salary is competitive commensurate with experience. Candidate must reside in Birmingham.
- Master’s degree in Divinity, Biblical Studies or Theological Studies including coursework in Biblical Languages from a regionally accredited institution
- Two years post-secondary experience teaching Bible courses
- Evidence of excellent teaching ability
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- A PhD or DMIN in Biblical Studies, or related discipline from a regionally accredited institution
- Evidence of continued professional development
- Member/attender of Church of the Highlands
Application Procedure: To apply, email documentation to email@example.com as one combined .pdf document. Only electronic submissions will be reviewed. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applications must contain:
- A letter of interest outlining qualifications and experience
- Curriculum vitae
- Supporting document transcripts
- Information for three professional references (their position, title, e-mail, phone number)
The application deadline is 6/12/2020 at 5 p.m. Official Transcripts required prior to first day of employment. A background check is required prior to employment.