Highlands College invites applications for a Mathematics Professor. The successful candidate will provide face-to-face instruction in Mathematics. Course assignments are at the undergraduate level. The Mathematics Professor will work alongside all other faculty to provide students with a solid set of problem-solving skills for future and continued success in local church ministry.
Full-time members of the faculty are professional educators who have the primary responsibility of fulfilling the organizational mission, vision, values, strategic plan, and educational philosophy, with a primary goal of providing a quality education for all students attending Highlands College. The relationship of the faculty member to the student is one of leader, teacher, adviser, mentor, and facilitator of learning.
This is a full-time, benefits-eligible position. Salary is competitive and commensurate with faculty rank. The candidate must reside in Birmingham or be willing to relocate. The Professor of Mathematics will report to the Foundational Studies Department Chair.
- Master’s degree in Mathematics from a regionally accredited institution
- Passion for biblical higher education
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to work with faculty, staff, and students with diverse perspectives
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Member/attender of Church of the Highlands
- A Terminal degree or a willingness to pursue a Terminal degree in a related discipline from a regionally accredited institution
- Two years of experience teaching Mathematics at the collegiate level
- Familiarity of Learning Management Systems
To apply, email documentation to email@example.com as one combined PDF document. Only electronic submissions will be reviewed. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications must contain:
- A letter of interest
- Curriculum vitae
- A statement of teaching philosophy
- Supporting document transcripts (unofficial*)
- Information for three professional references (their title, email, phone number)
*Official transcripts and a background check are required before employment.
|Job Category||Faculty, Full Time|