Full-Time Biblical Studies Professor
A unique faculty opportunity in a brand new facility, constructed to educate 1,000 students at Highlands College in Birmingham, Alabama.
Highlands College invites applications for a Biblical Studies Professor for the 2022–2023 academic year. The successful candidate will provide face-to-face instruction in Biblical Studies at Highlands College. Course assignments are at the undergraduate level. The Biblical Studies Professor will work alongside all other faculty to provide students a solid understanding of the Bible and biblical Interpretation skills for continued success in local church ministry.
This is a full-time, benefits-eligible position. Salary is competitive commensurate with faculty rank. The candidate must reside in Birmingham or be willing to relocate. The Biblical Studies Professor will report to the Biblical Studies Department Chair.
- Master’s degree in biblical studies or related discipline from a regionally accredited institution
- Evidence of excellent teaching ability
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Evidence of continued professional development
- Two year’s of experience teaching bible courses
- A Terminal degree or a willingness to pursue a Terminal degree in related discipline from a regionally accredited institution
- Member/attender of Church of the Highlands
To apply, email documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org as one combined PDF document. Only electronic submissions will be reviewed. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications must contain:
- A letter of interest
- Curriculum vitae
- A statement of teaching philosophy
- Supporting document transcripts (unofficial*)
- Information for three professional references (their title, email, phone number)
The application deadline is 5/31/2022. *Official transcripts and a background check are required before employment.
|Job Category||Faculty, Full Time|