Summary of Responsibilities
The Evening Assistant Registrar is responsible for assisting with the daily registrar operations, including interacting with students and teammates. They facilitate students’ movement through the Evening program, ensuring that records are properly kept, class scheduling is completed, and scholarship and grant information is disseminated.
The Evening Assistant Registrar reports to the Executive Director of Extended Education.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
● Assist in updating and retaining academic records for all current and former students while ensuring data privacy requirements are met.
● Oversee course registration and forecasting based on understanding certificate requirements, program policies and calendar, department procedures, and database systems.
● Guide students through changes in their enrollment status and offer informed counsel as appropriate.
● Manage the issuing of official transcripts and enrollment/degree verifications.
● Aid in creating and providing enrollment, census, retention, and graduation reports to departments across the Evening Program.
● Work with the Registrar, Student Accounts, Enrollment Services, and appropriate
● Directors to ensure that College and Evening Program policies and procedures are enforced consistently across departments and proper records are maintained.
● Assist in developing, implementing, and assessing policies and procedures for delivery of quality registration and student support services.
● Assist in maintaining, troubleshooting, and enhancing the Evening Program’s data management systems.
● Determine students’ graduation eligibility and assist in degree auditing, graduation processing, and commencement.
● Effectively communicate and honor current academic policies and procedures in assisting the Registrar in all tasks
● Foster a culture of academic excellence.
● Support the educational purposes and objectives of the College.
● Cooperate with the administration and staff of the College in professional and personal relationships.
● Observe and enforce the rules and regulations of the College.
● Participate in the social, cultural, and spiritual life of the College community, including regular Chapel attendance.
● Offer constructive suggestions for the College’s improvement to those in a position to change the situation.
● Be familiar with the contents of the Academic Catalog.
● Maintain established office hours and be available to Faculty, Staff, and students for formal consultations and informal mentoring.
● Be actively engaged in ministry at Church of the Highlands and Highlands College by leading small groups.
● Affirm and uphold the Statement of Faith and the Core Values and DNA of the College, exemplifying all by word and lifestyle.
● Ability to collect and manage data with excellence and precision.
● Excellent verbal and written communication.
● Strong interpersonal skills.
● Ability to think critically and quickly to solve problems.
● Administrative and organizational efficiency.
● Ability to function well and contribute within a team environment.
● Highly focused, self-starter with a positive outlook.
● Ability to remain resilient under pressure and effectively adapt to multiple demands, ambiguity, and rapid change.
● Conveys accurate information effectively using the most appropriate methods to reflect the needs of the individual and ensure mutual understanding.
● Anticipates the possible demands and outcomes of a particular task or situation – plans and prioritizes appropriately.
Education & Experience
● Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred. Prior work experience can offset the degree requirement provided a detailed listing of prior experience is submitted and approved by Highlands College.
● Experience in higher education, in a registrar’s office, and/or in Registrar related fields are beneficial but not required.
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
● Knowledge of and experience with college software such as Learning Management Systems and Student Information Systems, and/or project management software.
Extent of Public Contact
● Moderate exposure to physical risk.
● Good physical condition is required.
● Ability to drive between campuses.
● Ability to stand for long periods of time.
To apply, email resume to email@example.com. Only electronic submissions will be reviewed.
|Job Category||Full Time, Staff|