The Events Director will be responsible for planning and managing all Highlands College Events, ensuring a high level of distinction and efficiency. This role demands a creative and excellence-driven mindset with an extraordinary eye for detail.
Chief Operating Officer
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize, and manage all events on campus.
- Ensure all supplies are ordered, prepared, and ready for events.
- Coordinate communication of all event logistics to the appropriate departments.
- Manage all event setup, tear down and follow up.
- Manage budget and track expenses.
- Maintain timelines.
- Coordinate with all departments of Highlands College to ensure excellence with every event.
- Research, establish, and maintain relationships with vendors.
- Address potential problems that may arise and plan for scenarios that could impact the integrity of the event.
- Handle day-to-day administration of the events department, including order placements, room reservations, resources, vendor monitoring, registration counts, RSVP tracking, and issues resolution.
- Have an exceptional working knowledge of the complex needs of a wide variety of events.
- Uphold the Highlands College mission and vision with every event with a high level of excellence.
- Effective time management.
- Ability to multitask and problem-solve.
- Ability to remain resilient under pressure and effectively adapt to multiple demands, ambiguity, and rapid change.
- Ability to lead, recruit and build teams, as well as delegate tasks.
- Be actively engaged in ministry at Church of the Highlands and Highlands College by leading small groups.
- Affirm and uphold the Statement of Faith and the Core Values and DNA of the College, exemplifying all by word and lifestyle.
- Train and lead Highlands College students in learning applicable job skills.
- Encourage the contribution of others and take their views into account.
- Highly focused, self-starter with an elevated level of energy and positive outlook.
- Christ-like servant attitude.
- Devoted to the call of God and the mission and vision of Highlands College and Church of the Highlands.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and maintain a people-first mindset.
- Excellent organizational, communication, negotiating, and multitasking skills.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management or related field.
- Experience in event planning.
- Proven track record of creating successful events.
- Experience working with colleagues in creative, marketing, and communications.
Extent of Public Contact
- Moderate exposure to physical risk.
- Good physical condition is required.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs without assistance.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
To apply, email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only electronic submissions will be reviewed.
|Job Category||Full Time, Staff|