Highlands College invites applications for a Mathematics Instructor for the 2021-2022 academic year. The successful candidate will provide face-to-face instruction in the area of Mathematics, while working alongside all other faculty to provide students with a solid set of problem solving skills for future and continued success. Course assignments are at the undergraduate level. Instruction occurs at the Grandview Campus between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. on Mondays and Wednesdays. This is a full-time, benefits-eligible position. Salary is competitive commensurate with experience. Candidate must reside in Birmingham or be willing to relocate.
The Mathematics Professor will communicate relevant mathematic principles in a real-world context. In doing so, students called into full-time vocational ministry will see the working of the Creator within the study of Mathematics and find its application to ministry purposeful. They will demonstrate how mathematics describes the order, symmetry, and beauty of God’s creation. In arithmetic, they will learn to see God’s unfailing nature, and through it, His character.
- Master’s degree in Mathematics from a regionally accredited institution
- Two years collegiate experience teaching Mathematics courses
- Evidence of excellent teaching ability
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Evidence of continued professional development
- A PhD in Mathematics, or related discipline, from a regionally accredited institution
- Member/attender of Church of the Highlands
To apply, email documentation to email@example.com as one combined .pdf document. Only electronic submissions will be reviewed. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications must contain:
1. A letter of interest outlining qualifications and experience.
2. Curriculum vitae.
3. Supporting document transcripts.
4. Information for three professional references (their position, title, email, phone number).
Official Transcripts required prior to first day of employment. A background check is also required prior to employment.