Summary of Responsibilities:
The Executive Director of Student Life will lead, develop and manage the Student Life Team as well as be a highly visible champion and advocate for Highlands College students. This pastoral role will be responsible for discipling HC students and the Student Life Team.
The Executive Director of Student Life will report directly to the COO.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Embrace and propagate the vision, values, and mission of Highlands College.
- Provide vision, development, and direction for Student Life, embodying the values of Highlands College.
- Ensure that Christ-centered discipleship is integrated into all relevant programs of HC through relationships, leaders, and programs.
- Ensure that all Student Life team members are aligned with the mission and vision of Highlands College.
- Develop a life-giving culture among the students of Highlands College that builds a diverse and healthy community that passionately pursues God.
- Develop Small Group leadership and curriculums that develop, disciple, and grow all students
- Develop missions, outreach, and serve opportunities for Highlands College to engage its world, community, and neighbors
- Provide leadership and vision to all Student Life events including but not limited to Half-Marathon, Expedition, and Saturate
- Create programs such as sport, workouts, and training that promote a healthy active lifestyle
- Build teams and systems that effectively care for students to include but not limited to counseling, pastoring, coaching, discipling, and training
- Provide guidance to the Chapel Team to facilitate a dynamic and effective chapel experience
- Ensure that all accreditation standards are met and adhered to throughout all systems
- Ensure that all HC policies and procedures are clearly defined and followed by team and students
- Conduct regular personnel reviews
- Follow accounting procedures including payroll/vacation approval for the Student Life Team
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with prospective students and parents.
- Propose and manage the annual Student Life budget.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Be an active member of Church of the Highlands.
- Embrace and promote the mission, values, and vision of Church of the Highlands and Highlands College.
- Be an active participant in the ministry of Church of the Highlands and Highlands College by leading small groups.
- Effective organizational, supervisory, and leadership skills
- Proven ability to manage and develop teams
- Manage multiple projects and tasks in a fast-paced environment working effectively both independently and as a team.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Expertise in project management and effective communication in a complex organizational setting.
- Detail-oriented, flexible, and able to work well with faculty, staff, students, and outside stakeholders.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to equip leaders to lead successful teams.
- High energy with enthusiasm for the Vision of Highlands College.
- Bachelor’s degree in organizational leadership, administration, or related field.
- Because of the central role Church of the Highlands plays in the mission and vision of Highlands College, it is required that Highlands College team members actively participate in the ministry functions of both Highlands College and Church of the Highlands. This includes leading small groups, serving weekend services, and attending key conferences.
- Two years minimum experience in higher education
- Master’s degree in related field
- Experience in leading and pastoring students
- Love God
- Love People
- Choose Joy
- Pursue Excellence
Extent of Public Contact
- Moderate exposure to physical risk
- Good physical condition is required