The Special Assistant to the President is a collaborative business partner that will support and assist the strategic initiatives of Highlands College alongside the President. This role will possess proven ability to be an independent thinker, forward-thinking and able to handle a range of tasks under pressure and without supervision in a dynamic environment. Ability to maintain a high level of integrity, trust, professionalism, and well-developed sense of discretion due to exposure and managing of highly confidential information, conversations, and agendas is crucial to success.
President of Highlands College
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Exceptional ability to anticipate the needs and preferences of the Office of the President, develop processes and work with discretion to boost organizational effectiveness in and out of office.
- Supreme gatekeeping, control, and protection of the President’s calendar by possessing impeccable judgement, strategic planning, prioritizing meetings, appointments, events, and tasks to optimize the President’s time and productivity.
- Actively use discretion to assess, accept, decline, and redirect requests. Discern priority and appropriate length of time to be scheduled based on the requester/ event, calendar availability, criticality, and subject matter.
- Independently research, develop and lead the charge on special projects.
- Naturally exercises wisdom, independent judgement, and leadership in a variety of circumstances while able to react to shifting priorities with ease. This includes:
- Research, analyze, write, and prepare the delivery of content for correspondence, reporting, leadership directives, podcasts, College initiatives and various presentations with and for the President of the College.
- Independently writes, prepares, and modifies analysis and other important documents on behalf of the President, to include the collection and compiling of reports for Board of Directors, correspondences, budgets, policies, operational plans, educational objectives, and other communications to within and outside of the College.
- Prepare the President for meetings and other engagements, including the development of talking points, reminders, relational touchpoints and agendas for the day and week ahead.
- Attends and, at times, represents the President in meetings by possessing a proven ability to coordinate with high-capacity leaders and guests while exercising an elevated level of professionalism and relational strengths.
- Knowledge of administrative principles and best practices to provide a high level of executive administrative support.
- Capturing copious notes while in and outside of meetings in order to prepare executive summaries to the President. This duty necessitates using independent judgment and discretion to formulate next steps and recommendations to the President as well as ensure follow-through on any actionable items from those represented in meetings.
- Able to master and adapt the filter of the President’s office when responding, communicating to or interacting with various levels within and outside of the organization (i.e. students, donors, team members, high level leaders, etc.)
- Carry the culture of the College as well as mirror the care and intentionality of the President toward staff and students in all matters.
- Support and maintain the highly relational connections required to strengthen and advance the mission and vision of the College through current and former students, parents, teammates, pastors, donors, church staff, accreditation agencies, media, and influential leaders.
- Provide leadership, guidance and instruction to other administrative teammates in the department.
- Support the President’s personal care and engagement efforts within and outside of the College by assisting in the creation and facilitation of relational touch points throughout the year with various teams, students, and leaders.
- Decision and manage expenses, credit card charges, check requests and receipts for reimbursement, process vendor payments and oversee portions of the budget for the Office of the President.
- Oversee logistics for offsite meetings and coordinate travel arrangements as needed.
- Serve as the primary point of contact between the President and all departments of the College, Church of the Highlands, and outside visitors.
- Up to 30% of the Executive Assistant’s responsibilities may require travel.
- Answering, screening, and responding to inbound calls, emails, and calendar invitations.
- Keen business acumen and refinement.
- Other duties as assigned.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be actively engaged at Church of the Highlands and Highlands College.
- Affirm the Statement of Faith and uphold the Core Values and DNA of the College, exemplifying them by word and lifestyle.
- Highly self-motivated and detail oriented.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, results-driven, and highly accountable work environment.
- Strong time management skills to effectively prioritize workloads, schedules, and people to maximize effectiveness.
- Innately warm, affable, and optimistic characteristics are required to reflect the spirit of the office of the President.
- Exceptional ability to be attentive and forward-thinking while anticipating needs.
- Excellent planning, scheduling, advising, reporting and leadership abilities.
- Highly self-aware, professionally, and socially.
- Strong leadership qualities and ability to influence others.
- Confident, collaborative, and engaging with other high-level leaders.
- Able to multi-task while being detail-oriented and organized.
- Dignified and professional character with ability to be adapt to unexpected situations.
- Ability to self-evaluate, seek, and respond to constructive feedback.
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or similar field preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years in an elevated professional executive support role required.
- Experience with Windows (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and ability to learn other new systems.
Extent of Public Contact
Moderate exposure to physical risk
To apply, email resume to email@example.com. Only electronic submissions will be reviewed.
|Job Category||Full Time, Staff|